I’ve been keeping a list of my FAVORITE holiday themed newborn hats. If I see a parent with a great one-of-a-kind hat that I’ve never seen before I ask them where they found it and add a link to it on my Holiday Newborn Hat List (like the Grinch who stole Christmas hat I saw just the other day). Some of the hats you can outright purchase online complete and ready to wear, others are only available as patterns to be knitted or crochet.
Here are a few of my favorites:
Here are a list of questions and topics I will be answering in blog posts on this site over time. If you have other questions, please post them below and I will add them to my list.
Capturing Baby’s Birth Story (pregnancy, labor and delivery)
- How can I document my pregnancy easily (without having to go to a professional photographer every week)?
- How do I find a good professional maternity photographer?
- What if I want to have pictures taken during labor and delivery?
- Who can help me get some photos when baby is born since mom will definitely be busy (and maybe dad too)?
- What is the best camera for taking baby’s first photos?
- What should I pack for baby’s hospital photos?
Newborn and Photography (in the hospital)
- 10 Photos Every Parent Should Take in the Hospital to Remember Baby’s Birth
- Should I let the hospital photographer take pictures of my baby even if I have a professional studio sitting already scheduled?
- How to get Awesome Newborn Photos with Your Newborn Photographer in Your Hospital Room
- How to Turn Your Hospital Room into a Photo Studio
- Newborn Photo Props in the Hospital
- Newborn Photo Backdrops in Your Hospital Room
- Awesome Newborn Headbands for Girls
- How to Disguise a Newborn with a Cone Head for his or her First Photos
- How to Disguise Newborn Acne (milia) for his or her First Photos
Newborn and Baby Photography (after you come home)
- Easy infant poses any parent can do themselves.
- Props for taking awesome newborn photos at home.
- How to Make Infant Headbands
About Baby Books
- coming soon
About Baby Keepsake Gifts
- coming soon
About Saving Money on Photos and Photo Gifts
- coming soon
I am a newborn hospital photographer. I love getting to share just a few moments with new families capturing some professional snapshots of their changed family. I absolutely love my job!
However, I’m also very passionate about helping families document their baby’s growth. I realize my photos are only a tiny moment of baby’s life.
After the birth of my first daughter (now 6 years old) I became very sick and was hospitalized in the ICU for over 6 weeks. I sometimes went up to a week without seeing my daughter. I remember one time, my daughter was brought up to see me and I remember thinking, “That’s not my baby. That doesn’t even look like her.” That’s why it is SO important to get lots of photos.
Welcome to HowYouWereBorn.com. This site is a resource to help you preserve memories and tell the family stories about how your baby (or babies) came into the world. You’ll find easy templates to help you make memory books, tips for getting great pictures of your baby and lots of coupon codes and discounts on photo gifts and photo books to help you save money as you preserve your baby’s “How You Were Born” story.